Ridgefield, CT is situated in the foothills of the Berkshire Mountains. Just a short one-hour drive from New York City, Ridgefield has become a top destination for visitors to the area. The town borders Westchester County and consistently comes in on top for quality of life, thanks to overall safety, a top-notch school system, and beautiful homes.
With a population of roughly 25,000 Ridgefield also sits high on the list of the Safest Towns in Connecticut and is consistently voted Best Places to Raise a Family.
Ridgefield Schools: Very Highly Regarded
Among its greatest assets is the Ridgefield Schools system. One of the top-rated school systems in the state, The Ridgefield School District is ranked #8 in Connecticut by US News and World Report, and #5 by School Digger. And if that wasn’t enough, Ridgefield is one of only 36 public school systems in Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey to be named to the Tri-State Consortium which admits only the highest-performing school systems in the area. Ridgefiled’s schools are one of the many reasons the area attracts and retains residents.
The Ridgefield School District is made up of six elementary schools, two middle schools, one high school and one alternative high school. Each school is focused on the success of every student and employs dedicated staff and a highly educated faculty. Ridgefield is also home to a number of day care centers, a private Catholic school, St. Mary’s School (pre K-8), and the private Ridgefield Academy (pre k-8).
Award Winning Schools
Below is a snapshot of Ridgefield schools and their noted accolades, as listed by the Ridgefield Public Schools website (www.ridgefield.org).
Barlow Mountain Elementary School
- Ranked 17th in the state by Niche Rankings for 2023 Best Public Elementary Schools in Connecticut
- Best Public Elementary Teachers in Connecticut #33 out of 577
Branchville Elementary School
- Ranked 39th in the state by Niche Rankings for 2023 Best Public Elementary Schools in Connecticut
- Best Public Elementary Teachers in Connecticut #40 out of 577
Farmingville Elementary School
- Ranked 20th in the state by Niche Rankings for 2023 Best Public Elementary Schools in Connecticut
- Best Public Elementary Teachers in Connecticut #23 out of 577
Ridgebury Elementary School
(View the MLS homes for sale near Ridgebury Elementary School.)
- Ranked 18th in the state by Niche Rankings for 2023 Best Public Elementary Schools in Connecticut
- Best Public Elementary Teachers in Connecticut #51 out of 577
Scotland Elementary School
(Click to browse homes for sale near Scotland Elementary School.)
- Ranked 24th in the state by Niche Rankings for 2023 Best Public Elementary Schools in Connecticut
- Best Public Elementary Teachers in Connecticut #27 out of 577
Veterans Park Elementary School
(Click to see homes for sale near Veterans Park Elementary School.)
- Ranked 51st in the state by Niche Rankings for 2023 Best Public Elementary Schools in Connecticut
- Best Public Elementary Teachers in Connecticut #101 out of 577
East Ridge Middle School
(Browse homes for sale near East Ridge Middle School.)
- Niche Rankings listed East Ridge Middle School 7th in the state – 2023 Best Public School in Connecticut
- Best Public Middle School Teachers in Connecticut #16 out of 288
Scotts Ridge Middle School
(Click to view homes for sale near Scotts Ridge Middle School.)
- Niche Rankings placed Scotts Ridge Middle School 11th in the state – 2023 Best Public School in Connecticut
- Best Public Middle School Teachers in Connecticut #15 out of 288
Ridgefield High School
(Click to browse homes for sale near Ridgefield High School.)
- Niche Rankings placed Ridgefield High School 11th in the state – 2023 Best Public School in Connecticut
- Best College Prep Public High Schools in Connecticut #8 out of 193
The Ridgefield Community – Connecticut’s First Cultural District
Ridgefield is not just about its fine schools. The community is bursting with character and small-town charm. In fact, there is a higher concentration of artists, employees in media, and designers in Ridgefield than in 90% of other US communities, according to Neighborhood Scout.
Read more here: Ridgefield CT Connecticut’s First Cultural District
Ridgefield offers a nice variety of real estate options for residents, including contemporaries, antiques, condos, and colonials. You’ll find mostly single family homes (81%), with the majority built between 1970-1999. Median home prices in Ridgefield range is $743,000.
The neighborhoods with highest appreciation according to Neighborhood Scout include:
A suburban neighborhood located in Ridgefield, Ridgebury is made of mostly medium and large sized homes. The majority of residences in this neighborhood originate from 1970 -1999 although there are a number of homes that were built during the 40’s, 50’s and 60’s as well. The median home price in Ridgebury is $606.059.
Crossing into both Redding and Wilton, the Branchville neighborhood has fairly low real estate vacancy rates, hovering around 4.45%. This is a neighborhood in demand and with a high level of satisfaction among its residents. The median home price here is $758,000. Branchville locals are highly educated, with 42.1% of adults having earned a Master’s Degree, law degree, PHD, or medical degree.
If you’re looking for a great place to retire in Connecticut, put Town Center at the top of your list. With an above average safety record, this peaceful and quiet neighborhood offers a wide range of housing options. Town Center is considered a very “retiree-friendly” area which is evidenced by the lively mx of highly educated seniors and other age groups. According to Neighborhood Scout, Town Center is more retiree-friendly than 97.8% of the towns in Connecticut. With a median real estate price of $990,000 Town Center has many small- to medium-sized single family homes, apartments and high-rises.
A Place to Call Home
Ridgefield residents take great pride in their community and have a passion for getting involved. In addition to the overall community feel, Ridgefield is also known for world class dining ranging from small modern bistros to world class inns.
There’s really no reason to look anywhere else, so welcome to the neighborhood!
If you’re thinking about buying a home in the Ridgefield area, give us a call at (203) 731-7722. We’d be happy to help you locate your dream home. If you’re not quite ready to tour homes just yet, you can browse our featured listings right on this website, or search the Ridgefield homes for sale on the mls.