Ridgefield, CT is situated in the foothills of the Berkshire Mountains. Just a short one-hour drive from New York City, Ridgefield has become a top destination for visitors to the area. The town borders Westchester County and consistently comes in on top for quality of life, thanks to overall safety, a top-notch school system, and beautiful homes.
With a population of roughly 25,000 Ridgefield also sits high on the list of the Safest Towns in Connecticut and is consistently voted Best Places to Raise a Family.
Ridgefield Schools: Very Highly Regarded
Among its greatest assets is the Ridgefield Schools system. One of the top-rated school systems in the state, The Ridgefield School District is ranked #4 in Connecticut by US News and World Report, and #3 by School Digger. And if that wasn’t enough, Ridgefield is one of only 36 public school systems in Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey to be named to the Tri-State Consortium which admits only the highest-performing school systems in the area. Ridgefiled’s schools are one of the many reasons the area attracts and retains residents.
The Ridgefield School District is made up of six elementary schools, two middle schools, one high school and one alternative high school. Each school is focused on the success of every student and employs dedicated staff and a highly educated faculty. Ridgefield is also home to a number of day care centers, a private Catholic school, St. Mary’s School (pre K-8), and the private Ridgefield Academy (pre k-8).
Award Winning Schools
Below is a snapshot of Ridgefield schools and their noted accolades, as listed by the Ridgefield Public Schools website (www.ridgefield.org).
Barlow Mountain Elementary School
(Click to browse homes for sale near Brower Mountain Elementary School.)
- Rated 23rd in the state by Niche Rankings for 2016 Best Public Elementary School in Connecticut
- Won the 2012 Outstanding Award for Math and Movement from Connecticut Association for Health, Education, Recreation and Dance
- Presented the Bronze Award /USDA HealthierUS from October 2011-2015
Branchville Elementary School
(Click to see homes for sale near Branchville Elementary school.)
- Ranked 39th out of 534 Connecticut public elementary schools by SchoolDigger
- Ranked 29th in the state for 2016 Best Public Schools in Connecticut by Niche Rankings
Farmingville Elementary School
(Click to see homes for sale near Farmingville Elementary school.)
- Ranked 31st in the state by Niche Rankings for 2016 Best Public Elementary Schools in Connecticut
- Rated 10 out of 10 by Great Schools
Ridgebury Elementary School
(View the MLS homes for sale near Ridgebury Elementary School.)
- Ranked 41st out of 534 public elementary school in the state by SchoolDigger
- Ranked 25th in the state for 2016 Best Public Schools in Connecticut, by Niche Rankings
Scotland Elementary School
(Click to browse homes for sale near Scotland Elementary School.)
- Rankings listed Scotland Elementary 28th in the state – 2016 Best Public School in Connecticut
- 2014 Governor’s Summer Reading Challenge
- 2013 Governor’s Summer Reading Challenge
- April 8, 2011 – For the ninth year in a row, Scotland Elementary School is one of the top schools statewide in the Governor’s Summer Reading Challenge.
Veterans Park Elementary School
(Click to see homes for sale near Veterans Park Elementary School.)
- Niche Rankings placed Veterans Park Elementary School 27th in the state – 2016 Public Elementary School
- 2014–15 Connecticut Schools of Distinction category “Highest Performing Overall” (433.6/450)
- 2015 Governor’s Summer Reading Challenge
- 2014 Governor’s Summer Reading Challenge
- 2013 Governor’s Summer Reading Challenge
East Ridge Middle School
(Browse homes for sale near East Ridge Middle School.)
- Niche Rankings listed East Ridge Middle School 10th in the state – 2016 Best Public School in Connecticut
- Blue Ribbon School 2009
Scotts Ridge Middle School
(Click to view homes for sale near Scotts Ridge Middle School.)
- Niche Rankings placed Scotts Ridge Middle School 11th in the state – 2016 Best Public School in Connecticut
Ridgefield High School
(Click to browse homes for sale near Ridgefield High School.)
- U.S. News & World Report came out with their “best high school” rankings for 2016, and Ridgefield High School was among the schools who won their “Gold” award. It was ranked 5th in the state of Connecticut (and ranked #235 in the nation)
- GreatSchools rates Ridgefield High School 10 out of 10
- Niche Rankings released its report on the Best Public High Schools in Connecticut, and Ridgefield High School made the list at number 8.
- March 26, 2015 – Niche Rankings – Best Public High Schools in Connecticut – Ridgefield High School made the list at number 6.
- May 8, 2012 – Ridgefield High School was one of five Fairfield County high schools ranked among the state’s top 10 in a report released by U.S. News & World Report. It was No. 3 in Connecticut.
- SchoolDigger for School year 2014–2015 Ranked RIdgefield High School #1 in Connecticut
- April 26, 2013 – For the second consecutive year, the school earned the district a “gold medal” designation from U.S. News and World Report for finishing in the top 500 public high schools out of 21,000-ranked schools in 49 states.
The Ridgefield Community
Ridgefield is not just about it’s fine schools. The community is bursting with character and small-town charm. In fact, there is a higher concentration of artists, employees in media, and designers in Ridgefield than in 90% of other US communities, according to Neighborhood Scout.
Ridgefield offers a nice variety of real estate options for residents, including contemporaries, antiques, condos, and colonials. You’ll find mostly single family homes (81%), with the majority built between 1970-1999. Average home prices in Ridgefield range between $512,000- $768,000.
The neighborhoods with highest appreciation according to Neighborhood Scout include:
A suburban neighborhood located in Ridgefield, Ridgebury is made of mostly medium and large sized homes. The majority of residences in this neighborhood originate from 1970 -1999 although there are a number of homes that were built during the 40’s, 50’s and 60’s as well. The median home price in Ridgebury is $606.059.
Crossing into both Redding and Wilton, the Branchville neighborhood has fairly low real estate vacancy rates, hovering around 4.45%. This is a neighborhood in demand and with a high level of satisfaction among its residents. The median home price here is $758,000. Branchville locals are highly educated, with 42.1% of adults having earned a Master’s Degree, law degree, PHD, or medical degree.
If you’re looking for a great place to retire in Connecticut, put Town Center at the top of your list. With an above average safety record, this peaceful and quiet neighborhood offers a wide range of housing options. Town Center is considered a very “retiree-friendly” area which is evidenced by the lively mx of highly educated seniors and other age groups. According to Neighborhood Scout, Town Center is more retiree-friendly than 97.8% of the towns in Connecticut. With a median real estate price of $990,000 Town Center has many small- to medium-sized single family homes, apartments and high-rises.
A Place to Call Home
Ridgefield residents take great pride in their community and have a passion for getting involved. In addition to the overall community feel, Ridgefield is also known for world class dining ranging from small modern bistros to world class inns.
There’s really no reason to look anywhere else, so welcome to the neighborhood!
If you’re thinking about buying a home in the Ridgefield area, give us a call at (203) 731-7722. We’d be happy to help you locate your dream home. If you’re not quite ready to tour homes just yet, you can browse our featured listings right on this website, or search the ridgefiled homes for sale on the mls.
These schools are located within a 7 mile radius of the city center.
|School Name||Type||Grades||Distance||School Rating|
|SCOTLAND ELEMENTARY SCHOOL||PUBLIC||KINDERGARTEN - 5TH GRADE||1.09 miles|
|BARLOW MOUNTAIN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL||PUBLIC||PRESCHOOL - 5TH GRADE||1.1 miles|
|RIDGEFIELD MONTESSORI SCHOOL||PRIVATE||-||1.21 miles|
|RIDGEFIELD HIGH SCHOOL||PUBLIC||9TH GRADE - 12TH GRADE||1.8 miles|
|RIDGEFIELD ACADEMY||PRIVATE||PRESCHOOL - 8TH GRADE||1.82 miles|
|ST. MARY SCHOOL||CATHOLIC||PRESCHOOL - 8TH GRADE||1.83 miles|
|VETERANS PARK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL||PUBLIC||KINDERGARTEN - 5TH GRADE||1.95 miles|
|PINEWOOD LEARNING CENTER||PRIVATE||PRESCHOOL - KINDERGARTEN||1.97 miles|
|SCOTTS RIDGE MIDDLE SCHOOL||PUBLIC||6TH GRADE - 8TH GRADE||2.02 miles|
|FARMINGVILLE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL||PUBLIC||KINDERGARTEN - 5TH GRADE||2.07 miles|
|RIDGEBURY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL||PUBLIC||KINDERGARTEN - 5TH GRADE||2.15 miles|
|EAST RIDGE MIDDLE SCHOOL||PUBLIC||6TH GRADE - 8TH GRADE||2.22 miles|
|MAIMONIDES ACADEMY||PRIVATE||PRESCHOOL - KINDERGARTEN||2.23 miles|
|BRANCHVILLE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL||PUBLIC||KINDERGARTEN - 5TH GRADE||3.86 miles|
|WOOSTER SCHOOL||PRIVATE||PRESCHOOL - 12TH GRADE||4.04 miles|
|MEADOW POND ELEMENTARY SCHOOL||PUBLIC||KINDERGARTEN - 5TH GRADE||4.79 miles|
|NEW ENGLAND COUNTRY DAY SCHOOL||PRIVATE||PRESCHOOL - KINDERGARTEN||4.86 miles|
|LANDMARK PRESCHOOL||PRIVATE||PRESCHOOL - KINDERGARTEN||5.04 miles|
|JOHN READ MIDDLE SCHOOL||PUBLIC||5TH GRADE - 8TH GRADE||5.06 miles|
|PEQUENAKONCK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL||PUBLIC||KINDERGARTEN - 5TH GRADE||5.44 miles|
|WESTSIDE MIDDLE SCHOOL ACADEMY||PUBLIC||6TH GRADE - 8TH GRADE||5.58 miles|
|IMMACULATE HIGH SCHOOL||CATHOLIC||9TH GRADE - 12TH GRADE||5.6 miles|
|PARK AVENUE SCHOOL||PUBLIC||KINDERGARTEN - 5TH GRADE||5.66 miles|
|MILL RIDGE PRIMARY SCHOOL||PUBLIC||KINDERGARTEN - 3RD GRADE||5.77 miles|
|NORTH SALEM MIDDLE SCHOOL HIGH SCHOOL||PUBLIC||6TH GRADE - 12TH GRADE||5.78 miles|
|ROGERS PARK MIDDLE SCHOOL||PUBLIC||6TH GRADE - 8TH GRADE||6 miles|
|WESTERN CENTER ACADEMY OF INTERNATIONAL STUDIES||PUBLIC||KINDERGARTEN - 5TH GRADE||6.01 miles|
|JOHN JAY MIDDLE SCHOOL||PUBLIC||6TH GRADE - 8TH GRADE||6.06 miles|
|JOHN JAY HIGH SCHOOL||PUBLIC||9TH GRADE - 12TH GRADE||6.1 miles|
|REDDING ELEMENTARY SCHOOL||PUBLIC||PRESCHOOL - 4TH GRADE||6.12 miles|
|SOUTH STREET SCHOOL||PUBLIC||KINDERGARTEN - 5TH GRADE||6.21 miles|
|MORRIS STREET SCHOOL||PUBLIC||KINDERGARTEN - 5TH GRADE||6.26 miles|
|SACRED HEART SCHOOL||CATHOLIC||PRESCHOOL - 8TH GRADE||6.33 miles|
|DPS EARLY CHILDHOOD CENTER||PUBLIC||PRESCHOOL - PRESCHOOL||6.57 miles|
|SACRED HEART SCHOOL||CATHOLIC||PRESCHOOL - PRESCHOOL||6.57 miles|
|PATHWAYS ACADEMY||PRIVATE||6TH GRADE - 8TH GRADE||6.59 miles|
|ST JOSEPH ELEMENTARY SCHOOL||CATHOLIC||PRESCHOOL - 8TH GRADE||6.72 miles|
|HUDSON COUNTRY MONTESSORI SCHOOL||PRIVATE||PRESCHOOL - 8TH GRADE||6.77 miles|
Community Quick Facts
in this area:
Average travel time
to work for people
in this community:
Median income in this community:$115,687
The population of the community broken down by age group. Hover over each bar to show the number of people in the age bracket below.
Fair Market Rents
The Fair Market Rents show average gross rent estimates based on figures provided by the U.S.
Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
The Community Educational Index chart is based on the U.S. Census Bureau's Socioeconomic Status (SES) elements. Factors used in creating the index below are income, educational achievement, and occupation of persons within the selected ZIP code. Since this index is based on the population of an entire Zip code, it may not reflect the nature of an individual school.
Educational Climate Index
School Performance Rating Comparison
Highest Level Attained
Climate and Weather
The Temperature chart displays average high and low values for January and July, and is designed to provide an indication of both seasonal and daily temperature variability. The Weather Risk Index indicates the calculated risk of each type of weather event occurring in the future. This risk is based on historical localized storm events and weather patterns. The national average for each type of weather event equals a score of 100, so a score of 200 would represent twice the risk as the national average, and a score of 50 would represent half the risk of the national average.
Temperature (degrees F)Low High
Weather Risk National Average = 100